Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish may counsel readiness to “fight every battle,” but even he didn’t seem prepared to have his own words thrown back to him by Bran Stark. Did you remember this quote from Season 3?
The line occurs in Season 3, Episode 6. The hour’s title, “The Climb,” most obviously refers to the ascent of the Wall by Jon and the wildlings, but it also connects to Littlefinger’s monologue to fellow spymaster Varys, who finds Baelish sitting next to the Iron Throne admiring its many blades. Littlefinger reminds the Spider, “Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder,” which he plans to take every advantage of.
Now, the master manipulator sits across from Bran Stark, discussing a different blade connected to his own Game of Thrones history. What Baelish means by giving Bran the dagger once used in the boy’s attempted assassination is still up for debate, but Littlefinger was certainly more than a little unnerved to hear those same words from the “early days.”
Get a closer look at the dagger below.
More From “The Spoils of War”:
- Go Behind the Scenes of the Epic Loot Train Attack
- Michelle Clapton on Costuming the Reunited Stark Children
- Isaac Hempstead on the 'Fine Balance' of playing Bran Stark
- Jermone Flynn on Fighting Dragons, Bronn's Personal Stakes, and the Ultimate Playground
- See the Storyboard of Bronn Breaking in Qyburn's "Scorpion"
- The Beautiful Death in 'The Spoils of War'