Jon has refused to bend the knee since earlier his first meeting with Daenerys in “The Queen’s Justice,” but Tormund’s comments gave him pause. Did you remember this moment from Season 3?
Back in “The Wars to Come,” Jon Snow was trying to convince the King Beyond the Wall Mance Rayder to bend the knee to Stannis Baratheon — Stannis having promised to allow the wildlings to pass the Wall if they would join his forces. But Mance refused, and was put to death.
Now, Tormund reminds Jon of the cost paid for Mance’s pride, and Jon, faced with fighting for the future survival of his own people, must reflect on the words he once said himself.
Watch this video about Mance’s final scene below, and find more videos about “Beyond the Wall” here.
More From “Beyond the Wall”:
- Kristofer Hivju Has a Method for Getting in the Tormund Mood
- Richard Dormer Shares What It's Really Like to Fight with Beric's Flaming Sword
- Here's the Letter Arya Won't Let Sansa Forget
- Embrace the North With This Collection of Props and Costumes From "Beyond the Wall"
- Go Behind the Scenes of the Frozen Lake Battle
- The Hound Makes a Grave Mistake in This Episode 6 Storyboard